Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Chapter Ten -"Bad Things"

“Do you have a place to stay?” Alexis asked.
“Not right now. Probably just get a hotel.” Raziel replied as they walked past the neon signs of the kingdom of sin.
I would invite him over… But I don’t know him… Those girls in the movies always do… No, I can’t do it. He’ll just have to have the hotel. She thought to herself. “So, you think that Ezra guy can really help us?”
“Should. He’s always been reliable before.” What the blazes am I going to do for twenty-four hours? How can I discover more without Eznezio? Ugh… bless me!

ΘΘΘ

            “You got the plan?” Vittur asked.
“I think so… I have a fit and while the guard tends to me I up the flames and you throw a piece of your cot through the bars which should knock him out… Right?” Thomas asked.
“Yeah, yeah. Then you take the keys and unlock my cell. Then we run like mad out of this hellhole.”
“Yeah. I forgot that part…” Yeah, forgot.

ΘΘΘ

            “Lisa, you got the new song down?” Pashkur asked.
“Yeah… It’s actually good. Didn’t know you could write.” She replied, strumming her bass.
“Took me ever since our forming to write that. I may be able to write, but not quickly.” Pashkur replied with a smirk.
“Your sister’s gonna be in town tomorrow, right?”
“Yeah. For the concert. Why?”
“I’d like to meet her. Don’t really have any girl friends.”
“That’s because you don’t need any girl friends. You’re almost one of the guys.”
“Shut up.” She replied sarcastically. Both laughed.

ΘΘΘ

            Jenxier cursed repeatedly in his head. He heard footsteps coming toward the dead king’s chamber. They’ll think I did this. Bless my freakin’ life. He thought. There was one way out, the window. Peering out the opening, he saw a line of guards below. He cursed again. Costume. Was all Jenxier could think. The bed sheets! He removed the cloths and ripped eye holes. He placed it over himself, Halloween ghost style. He then leapt through the window.

ΘΘΘ

            “A shift. I sense a shift. A shift in what? Or is it more of a wrinkle? A fluxuation?  Excellent. Simply excellent.” The deep voice laughed. “Ready yourself, Plebnus. Something is at hand.”
“Yes, master,” the Gremlin replied. “Yes, Samael.”

ΘΘΘ

            Raziel sat on the couch in his hotel room. He was brooding over the frustrating events. Twenty-four hours lost. That was a fourteenth of his time. What could Eznezio be doing? He wondered. He looked across the room at the box that had the word “Shonubo” on it. He’d heard of these things before. What are they called…? Televisions, that’s it. Raziel picked up the small device with buttons and pressed one. The television sprang to life and began displaying images of a cartoon duck trying to outsmart a cartoon dog. “This is what Earthlings entertain themselves with? It’s garbage.” He wondered if that Alexis girl would be helpful. Probably not. Earthlings were never known for works the caliber of demons. Still, there was the possibility. Raziel laughed to himself. Maybe she can distract people with seduction.

ΘΘΘ

            Jenxier landed in front of the line of guards. “Good day, gentleman!” He said as he dashed for the crowd, holding the bed sheet in place.
“Seize him! He killed the king!” A guard yelled from the window. Jenxier continued to curse. He meshed into the crowd just before the guards caught him, but the people of Dis knew better than to hinder the efforts of guards. He made his path nonlinear, losing the guards at times. He finally made it to the city’s gate, four guards hot on his tail. Jenxier dashed into the desert and leapt behind a rock. He threw up his bed sheet and used a blast of necromancy to send it flying away. The guards ran after the sheet, and once they were out of sight, Jenxier took off back towards the Underworld proper.

ΘΘΘ

            Thomas began to shake and scream. His flames grew by two inches. A guard came in and said, “what in Lucifer’s name is your problem?” Something flew in from the other cell and knocked the guard out cold. Thomas grabbed the keys and ran.
“Hey, what about me?!” Vittur asked.
“Find your own way out. I’ve things to do!”
“At least give me the keys!”
“Here, catch.” Thomas tossed the keys to where they were five feet from the door of Vittur’s cell.
“I hope your existence ends!”

No comments:

Post a Comment